Monday, August 07, 2006

A Concert and More

Last night was spectacular. We sang a collection of Psalms composed by Mr. Reagan and also his version of Rock of Ages. After an eight minute intermission, we sang Gabriel Faure’s Cantique de Jean Racine (in French) and the Requiem (in Latin). The song I have playing is my favorite solo from the Requiem. Alison Bradley sang the solo (in the performance not in the recording) and she is amazing. I saw Ruth at the concert and she is happy to be here.
I have a cold but will survive. I think…for today is the day of days…today my Irish Dance class perform in front of tons of people…hopefully we won’t die ;) Just kidding, everything will be beautiful J
All of our boarders are here with their families and everyone can’t wait to see us Irish Dance at the Windy (that’s a ball). Scary!!!! We will survive!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Glad the concert went well! You have a cold? Poor you! I hope you have strength to do your best at the performance tonight.

Thanks to Cristina's introduction, I was able to meet Ruth today for the first time.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! I think the performance went pretty well...what about you?

Dorothy Plaza BSN, RN, DPP Master Trainer said...

We lived.